Educate. Innovate. Inspire.
What is Frontier High School at Ben Barber?
- Do students from the other MISD high schools have access to courses at Ben Barber Innovation Academy?
- Who is eligible to apply for admission to Frontier High School?
- How do I apply to Frontier High School?
- What happens once I am selected into Frontier High School?
- Is transportation provided both to Frontier High School and Ben Barber Innovative Academy?
- Will students at the Frontier High School be able to take AP and/or online courses?
- Can I take Dual Credit courses at Frontier High School?
- Is there a cost associated with Frontier High School/Ben Barber Innovative Academy?
- Are Frontier High School students really given first priority into upper-level BBIA courses?
- What is the TCC TREC Program?
- What is a Senior Project?
- FHS school colors, mascot, mission, values, vision, and goals
- Reasons to choose Frontier High School
All students from Legacy, Mansfield, Timberview, Summit and Lake Ridge who are currently sophomores and will be juniors during the following school year are eligible to apply to Frontier High School.
Students must also meet ALL of the following requirements in order to qualify to admittance:
- Have an 80 or higher grade average,
- Earn all freshman and sophomore core credits and
- Met all standards on EOC exams.
Yes, transportation is provided by the MISD Transportation Department. Exact bus stops and times are determined by transportation after all students have declared their intent to attend Frontier High School. Some programs do require that students provide their own transportation. (i.e. Internships, Community Service, etc.)
The Tarrant County College Trinity River East Campus program (TREC) provides Frontier High School health science students an opportunity to earn 42 dual credit college hours and a certification. Incoming MISD juniors must meet requirements and complete an application to be considered. Students attend their dual credit courses on the Trinity River East Campus. Transportation is provided. More information is available on the FHS Counseling Center page.
- Frontier High School opened in 2010.
- Our colors are purple, black and white.
- Our mascot is Trailblazers.
- Our mission is empowering students to be global leaders.
- Our vision is to be an innovative platform that empowers students to achieve success through the use of emerging technologies and 21st Century skills.
- Our values reflect our commitment to relationships, leadership, problem-solving, emerging technology, and staff development.
- Our goals are 1) to actively created an environment that encourages both interdisciplinary cooperation and communication, 2) to nurture our staff, students, and public to embrace and accept the philosophy that "failure is not an option," and 3) to encourage all students, faculty, and the community to support the educational and career technology goals of BBIA/FHS.
- Small school environment with big school opportunities
- Project based learning with innovative, hands-on instruction.
- Opportunity to earn college credit hours through dual credit courses.
- Students choose program of study consistent with their career interests.
- Students guaranteed placement in highly competitive courses with their career interests.
- Smaller class sizes with individualized instruction.
- Culminating senior project that includes job shadowing/internships and professional portfolio.
- Each student is provided a personal laptop.