- Dress Code
- FAFSA Checklist
- Fees & Fines
- iPad Resources
- Testing & Exams
- Tutoring Schedule
Apply for the FAFSA starting October 1, 2019 to determine student eligibility for federal and state aid such as grants, work study, and loans:
- Filed Federal Income Tax forms for 2018
- Create FSA ID - Go to www.fsaid.ed.gov
- You will need the following information (about students and parents):
- Dates of Birth
- Household Size
- Social Security number or Alien Registration number
- Completed FAFSA for 2019-2020 - Go to www.fafsa.gov
Questions? Visit the GO Center
MISD is not responsible for the content on external websites.
- The best source for scholarship information is directly from the colleges.
- Baylor University announces their Carr P. Collins Scholarship Program
- Champion Firm Video/Essay Scholarship
- Rosen & Ohr Law 2019 essay scholarship - July 20, 2019
- First Step Scholarship Contest - August 1
- 2019 Mesothelioma Help Cancer Scholarship
- National Driving and Traffic School's Youth Forward Scholarship Program
- New student scholarship - August 31, 2019
- Recovery Village Health Card Scholarship
The best source for scholarship information is directly from the colleges and from the MISD Scholarship Wiki. All scholarship information received by Frontier High are sent through advisory announcements and placed below. The Internet also has free scholarship searches. Below are just a few:
Baylor University announces their Carr P. Collins Scholarship Program. Students who have demonstrated leadership through service, rank in the top 25% of their class and who have received a 1310+ on SAT or 28+ on ACT can access the scholarship at baylor.edu/admissions/CarrPCollins.
The Champion Firm is offering a video/essay scholarship about how students plan to be "champions" in their chosen fields in order to help their communities.
In order to apply, students must submit a video and short essay.
You can view the scholarship here: www.thechampionfirm.com/reports/georgia-future-champions-scholarship
Rosen & Ohr Law announces their 2019 essay scholarship sponsored by the firm.
The scholarship offers a cash award to the student who writes the best response to the following prompt: "Write an essay explaining in detail how a serious accident involving you, a family member, or a close friend has impacted your life. This could have been a car crash, a slip-and-fall accident, a work-related injury, or any other serious accident."
The deadline is July 20th, 2019 and you can view the link to the scholarship details and application here:www.rosenohrlaw.com/scholarship
First Step Scholarship Contest
We are asking for undergrad students to write an essay of at least 500 words detailing their most common distracted driving habits and to describe the concrete steps they will take to put an end to those habits.
Award Amount: $2,500
Deadline: August 1
The 2019 Mesothelioma Help Cancer scholarship is now available. It asks applicants to write an essay in response to one of the following prompts:
1. Share your personal story dealing with asbestos disease or cancer. Talk about how it affected your life and how/whether it impacted your education/career choice.
2. What do you hope to do with the education you are receiving to help cancer patients?
This scholarship is a great one for students interested in a medical career. There will be 4 prizes, ranging from $2500 for first place to $500 for fourth place.
You can view all of the details about this scholarship here: www.mesotheliomahelp.org/scholarship
The National Driving and Traffic School is offering the Youth Forward Scholarship Program. The program aims to reward deserving youth $3,000 in annual scholarships. More information on the program can be found at http://www.dmvedu.org/scholarship/
There is a new student scholarship, available to any US student currently in senior high school or college level from a lower-income background who requires financial assistance with their job applications. We would warmly encourage Frontier High School's students to apply.
Submissions are now being accepted, with a closing date of 31 August 2019. The prize is $1,000.
Interested applicants will need to apply via the form here: https://www.wikijob.co.uk/scholarship.
- Must be attending a public or accredited private senior high school or college
- Must be applying or planning to apply for an entry position at a US company with a recognized graduate development program
We are offering a $1,000 award to students pursuing a health-related degree program who have been personally affected by addiction. We’d love if you could assist us in spreading the word!
Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship: https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/scholarships/